View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 07:17 PM   #40
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

FLL, when I got the quote from DaSilva's, it was presented as, "this is our price—we may not be the cheapest, but we're always competitive." It appears to be a few hundred less than what dealers are advertising and they were clear that they include the "right" accessories: galvanized, rather than painted, trailer; Sea-Doo brand cover, which is by all accounts much better than aftermarket; custom bow numbers, etc. They also said they could offer me a discount on any accessories I order as well—that may allow me to get a better PFD than I might otherwise buy, etc.

Also, I'm a big fan of service and relationships with where I buy my gear. With such a short season, whatever I might "overpay" would be made up with one quick service/return to the water.

Finally, I know some here are snarky with the amount of research (and related threads) I conduct when buying new things but, outside of actually enjoying the process, it allows me to not have to worry about a couple hundred bucks one way or the other if it means a positive experience.

From everything I've heard and read, DaSilva's is a good place to work with, so I'll support them in what (I hope) will be a fine relationship.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: