View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #31
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Oh.....come on.......you cannot be serious with these nasty words!

Walmart has made a business of doing things with one thing in mind a price point. That is how they compete with everyone else by undercutting the competition. What is lost by most patrons is that you are paying a premium price for substandard merchandise.

Far as their service goes I can guarantee you anyone working in the automotive service department is neither compensated to the degree one would if they worked at a dealer or reputable independent garage, nor probably undergo the same level of scrutiny for hiring. They can't - otherwise they could not get away with an oil change for 19.99 the labor costs alone would be prohibitive. Furthermore at that price what kind of oil and filter do you think you're going to get?

When I change the oil in my vehicles it costs me on average $40 for a good quality full synthetic oil (Mobile One) and OEM filter, plus a new crush washer on the pan, and that's with me doing the labor. Else where if I had this done it would be more like twice that with labor included.

Hey it's your car do what you please, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're making out like a bandit because in the end you get what you pay for, especially if the guys working there are buying their 1000 piece "professional mechanics" tool set there for $9.99. I wouldn't let them touch my weed whacker.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote