View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #80
SigSauer

Default Wouldn't happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
While I certainly cannot dispute what you are saying, as I have no proof, your comments here make little on no sense. I've been in the new auto business for 23 years, and assuming things in boating work in a similar fashion with regard to factory and dealers, how can what you say be possible?
If you are correct, am I to understand that:
A customer can go over to PBM, take several hours of Cory's time. Get all the info they want with regard to price an product. Test drive a boat and look at boats that PBM is floor planning, and therefore servicing the note. And then...hope across the puddle to Lakeport and place their order after PBM has done all the work and handled the finacial burden of educating the customer? PBM has no protection? Sorry...no buying it. Unless PBM gets a piece of the action, regarless of which place places the order. I can't see it working any other way, if what you have stated is true.
LL was so over priced on Formula's to begin with, nobody is going to negotiate with PBM and get a better deal at LL. Look at PBM's current listing for a 2011 270BR at $89,900. That same style boat at LL last year was priced over $100k.