View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 04:13 AM   #12
Belmont Resident

Default Are you kidding me?

Just look at the money that flocks here each summer. Many don't care about price they just want it and are willing to pay any price for it.
Look at some of the places that shut down during the off season. Why because the locals won't touch their prices and lack of quality or customer service.
There was another thread about HK. HK is in business because of the tourists who are willing to pay there inflated labor rates and high prices. Many of us will shop as far away as another state to save paying the higher pricing that goes with living in this area.
And HK’s customer service or lack there of, I won’t get into that.

An example of pricing: I purchased a 24 Sea Ray back in 99. Another boater on Winni purchased the same exact boat with a trailer and paid 5K less than I did because he bought it away from this lake. Same thing goes with Formula, compare prices on line around NE.
They are both great boats but the bottom line is you will pay more for the same product if purchased on or around this lake. The same goes for used boats only the savings can be more drastic. Check out used boat prices down south. If you have a means to trailer a boat from there you will save thousands even tens of thousands less than the same boat priced up here. We’ve been looking and personally I was floored by the differences.

I hope PBM does well but I don't think they have a big enough marina space wise to support the Formula boat line.