View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #17
corollaman

Well, I'm only 27 years old, and the weirs is the way I've always remembered it, so to me it wouldn't be the same without the arcades, and the gift shops. I used to go in the arcades as a kid, and it was fun. The wiers could indeed be turned around, but it takes money, and people aren't going to invest it in something like that in such bad times. People are hanging onto what they have right now, because they don't know what the economy is gonna do. I don't know what the guy who bought the slide is gonna do with the property, but he must have money he can afford to lose if he just invested over a half-million dollars in something that may or may not make him his money back, and turn a profit. It's gonna be tough with the economy. No one is doing anything right now. I took a ride up rte 16 today, and soooo many empty buildings! I don't care what they're saying about the economy "improving". It's not. My company just had a layoff last week! In my book, the economy won't be fully recovered until EVERYBODY has a job!
corollaman is offline   Reply With Quote