View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 10:11 AM   #11
garysanfran

Default Maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Let me take a wild guess …. it was a yellow on white boat with a 603 phone # printed about mid ship in the yellow ??
May have been yellow on white, approx. 24', I/O. Didn't notice a phone #, but then again, I didn't notice much. I was scrambling to get out of the way and not hit other boats. Had he taken a last second maneuver, and guessed wrong, he may have steered in the direction I was taking evasively. I think there was one male and two females in mid-fifties? But again, I didn't notice much. It was mid-week, I try to not be on The Lake during the weekends. It really does get kinda nuts out there.

When my family first started coming to Winni (late 50's early 60's), seeing a boat go by was rare enough to make me and my siblings run to the shore's edge to watch it. When we got our first wooden row boat, we'd just leave it in the water and tie it to a tree when we would head home. Boats back then didn't create the surge they do today. Those were the days when one Forum member told me they used to water ski through Sallies Gut!!!
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote