View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #68
greeleyhill

Worse than I remember as a kid - way worse. I took my family there last summer. We rented the same cottage my parents rented when i was a kid which is walking distance to the Weirs. I really wanted to show them what i did when i was their age. We left the cottage for a a trip down memory lane and found and we couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was fourth of July weekend and it was busy (the beach area anyway) with unbelievable amounts of trash left by large, and I mean large, family cookouts. The town was definitely not on top of keeping up with trash removal - it was a real turn off. We walked to the end of the boardwalk, turned around and left as quickly as possible. Nobody said much - not me, my wife or my 3 kids. We were all just taking it in and wondering why we walked down there. We didn't even stop for ice cream. It was the beginning of our vacation and I was already thinking - wow - did I make a mistake of coming here? We dubbed the area "The Weirds" and never went back. Spent the rest of our nights at the cottage playing games or in Meredith by boat for dinner. We could see the weirs from our cottage which was nice, but I preferred to remember the area from when i was a youth. Exploring the arcades with my brother and friends. I don't plan on going back ever unless we need a pit stop from our boat or the place is completely renovated.
greeleyhill is offline   Reply With Quote