View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 07:47 AM   #5
iw8surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I have ordered several boats at boat shows and chosen exactly the options I wanted. Engine size and manufacturer, docking lights, dual batteries Etc. There is usually a 2 to 3 month lead time so if you order at a boat show in February you will get your boat in time for the summer season.

The same discounts offered on show boats are usually offered on ordered boats so there is generally no financial advantage to taking a show boat or a dealer stock boat.

There may be situations where a dealer has boats that they would like to get off of their floor planning so they don't have to pay interest on the boat all winter and that may result in a lower price being offered. Also, manufacturers sometimes offer rebates so that unsold current model boats will move making room for a dealer to order more boats for next years inventory.
I support picking up a left over if they have any. I bought my boat brand new with 1 hour on it, sticker was 105k picked it up for a little over 65k. A week later a truck load of the next years models showed up.
iw8surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links