View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 03:08 PM   #27
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default A True Barbershop...

A true "barbershop" in my opinion must have the following 10 guidelines to get my business...

#1. It must have that red white and blue spiral sign outside. The bigger the better!

#2. If the word "salon or stylist" appears anywhere in the name, run as fast as you can!

#3. Copious amounts of hair must be all over the floor!

#4. A old poster on the wall showing all sorts of haircuts you would never get from from the 50's & 60's.

#5. Grossly outdated Life, National Geographic & Time magazines are spread throughout the waiting area.

#6. The barber, must be versed in clipper, buzzers and straight razor hair removal.

#7. If they don't offer to buzz the hair from your ears and nose or trim your Einstein eyebrows, they are not a true barber!

#8. The shop must have that large jar of blue liquid (Barbicide??) with all kinds of combs floating in it. Though I have never seen one taken out!

#9. A small grainy black & white television with manual dial controls only (NEVER remote controlled!!) showing reruns of the Beverly Hillbillies preferably Jethro's "Double Naught Spy epsiode!!

#10. A vintage coke machine with lever handle and pullout glass bottles of Coke, Moxie and A&W Root Beer for .10 cents in the corner!!

Did I miss anything??

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 06-29-2022 at 07:07 PM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: