View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #81
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Sorry folks but comparing Key West to Laconia Bike Week is apples and oranges.

No doubt that police chiefs are always looking to get more hours and details. In Greenland they even got a movie theater to have to pay for details.

However, in the case of Bike Week there is a lot of trouble just waiting to happen. It's a rough crowd. If they back off on the police presence then it's only a matter of time until people feel they can push boundaries and then the cycle continues as soon as problems flair up.

Now we have people saying to allow near lawlessness on public streets for the sake of making a buck. May as well ignore people smoking dope and shooting up too

The bikers get gouged just like every other place in the country. Ever try renting a room in Manhattan on New Year's? I was in Singapore during the Grand Prix and my company had to fork over $1100US per night for my room. Two days later the rate was back down to the usual $240US/night.
It's always that way as hotels and vendors have the upper hand. Not sure why people can't grasp that.

I don't think that's the case. People need to get rid of their paradigms thinking Bike Week is the only thing that will work in that area.
Quote:
This guy likes to have fun as much as the next guy but I think Bike Week is a drag on the area.
Have you ever been to a bike week or just read about them? Bike week brings in tons of money to the state of New Hampshire.

"
Quote:
Is a large area of beer tents and drunk drivers the best thing NH can offer?
Again where do you come up with this stuff?

Quote:
I firmly believe NH can do better than Bike Week with different events.
What would you like to put into its place, bike week has been around for 88 years!! Bike week isn't going anywhere you can bet your life on that...Start making your 100 anniversary plans now!!

Quote:
My respect has diminshed greatly for people on Winni.com after seeing some of these posts.
I lost respect for you when you when your were calling people retards a few threads ago.