View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #15
ApS

Default He Without Sin...

​​​•​ At 17, I bought a bike, and immediately upon learning of it, my folks bought me a car!

"Just say 'bike'"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Bikes are great fun but I won't allow my kids to ride them nor will I ever ride a bike again. The advent of cell phones has made riding a bike way too dangerous in my opinion. The risk reward no longer makes sense. Just say no to bikes.
​​​•​ The above warning is justified. This winter, my NH-seacoast neighbor trailered a new bike to his Florida place, looked around and decided, "Too much alcohol, too much dope, I'm selling this bike, though I enjoy riding it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
To be real clear, you were the driver who did not see the motorcycle in front of the truck. The bumper sticker is aimed at you.
​​​•​ Funny, I thought the bumper sticker was aimed at all of us—although seemingly not including the truck it's on. Those with that bumper sticker are most often poor-handling trucks or vans with the usual habits of following too closely and "cutting off" others after passing.

The irony is rich.

​​​•​ As a passenger, with a neighbor driving, we had a very close call simply by pulling out onto a quiet two-lane highway at the exact moment a biker did the same thing from the opposite side. The Toyota's "A-pillar" was a modern wide one, and blocked the dirt bike. It was to have been a head-on collision, if the front seat passenger hadn't yelled,
"STOP! STOP!", we would have had the helmetless biker through our windshield. It was the closest call with a biker I've ever been witness to.

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote