Thread: Wow trail
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #92
Trail Goer

Correct, they will keep trying till they get the outcome they desire but it will all come at the tax payers’ expense because last I checked the WOW trail couldn't even come up with the money on their own, like they were supposed to (yet somehow the trail will be an economic boom). It will take the tax payers to say enough, is enough but that's unlikely to happen considering the majority probably aren't aware nor care (what was the voter turnout yesterday for Laconia?). Supposedly some towns had under 20% of the registered voter turnout, so that should give you an idea of how many people don't pay attention to what's going on nor care to. It's clear this study is going to be a number crunching study vs physical infrastructure/layout study like the first one. They’re going to try and come up with facts and figures that support the trail vs rail. It's the same old scheme that is played out all over, whether it's here, New York or California. My biggest gripe is with those facts and figures; how can they come up with facts and figures? there's no user fees and they have no way to tell how many people use the trail and be able to break it down to visitors and locals. A simple survey sent out to residents and area businesses just doesn't cut it for me, yet we have a railroad that can tell you exactly how much they get for ridership every year and you know those riders are going to spend money outside of the railroad for food and what not because the majority that ride the train are not from around here.
Trail Goer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trail Goer For This Useful Post: