View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #24
Wolfeborough Diner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb9212 View Post
Went to Christmas Island for $.25 wing nite. Food was great as usual and I like Tom and Wendy but when were getting close to leaving we had some wings left over that we wanted to take home, and we were told that if we wanted to take them "to go" we would have to pay another $.10 per wing.

I thought the waitress was kidding, but she wasn't. Explain to me the difference. If I pay the money to order them, and I eat all of them I pay $.25 but if I have 10 left I have to pay $.10 more each wing? Does that strike anyone else strange? I'm not cheap by any means and I dont mind paying my fair share, but that is odd and just makes zero sense to me.

Also, I was there with 7 other people and they were of the same position I am/was. We were also told by the waitress that they will not do seperate checks anymore and that they would split them at the end. Well, she did and it was all screwed up.

What are other people's thoughts?

I hate the idea of it... I love the wings there and I understand they need to make money but you shouldn't be charged more if you can't finish. A lot of places do this. I know it is the same the for Wild Willys in Acton. I can understand paying more if it is to go, but I don't think you should get penalized for having leftovers......
Wolfeborough Diner is offline   Reply With Quote