View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #66
ApS

Question Our Brave New World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post
NH will be the last state in New England to adopt those suggestions. Live Free or Die only applies to irresponsible things like not wearing seat belts or helmets. Updated death count from marijuana, ZERO. Last year's alcohol related death count, 80,000. The State has no problem opening two huge liquor outlets on the highway though
The marijuana "death count" you quote was derived from an overdose hoax. With our very imperfect media, it's like a lifetime to reporters waiting several weeks for toxicology reports to "close" the news story. Their job is to get the news—not necessarily the follow-ups—as we have seen repeatedly locally. Deaths resulting from use of marijuana just aren't sought out.

I noted that Canada's answer to medical marijuana was to provide it "just for the asking". Alas, patients complained: "It's not very strong".

What to do?

A Canadian could go to a recent "Pot Show" in Colorado, where marijuana wares are amply displayed. Police arrested one distributor who was selling illegal drugs under the table.

In Canada, the Supreme Court says that medical marijuana can now be eaten—delivered in cookies and candies. This is making bad law "from the bench." Children will surely be affected.

Quote:
"The 7-0 ruling on medical marijuana offered the biggest rejection of the government’s stated war on drugs since 2011, when the Supreme Court said unanimously that federal authorities had no right to close a Vancouver clinic at which drug addicts could inject illegal drugs under medical supervision.

“The argument that medical marijuana must be smoked is, after all, ideological, counterproductive in terms of health and lacking any factual foundation,” he said in an interview."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle24912888/
I watch Colorado news for some inkling that the state did the right thing by its voters. Today, a Colorado man used a gun to shoot through his foot "to see what it felt like". This does not auger well for the 93 million Americans who are out of work—with millions worldwide whose goal is to take any US position offered. Will those American unemployed be rejected by employers when they're suspected as having a psychotic disorder?

Quote:
"Compared with someone who had never smoked, a weekly user of high-potency weed was about three times as likely to be diagnosed with a psychotic disorder. For daily users, the risk increased to five times".
The Washington Post
Do we need more auto- and boat-drivers with suspected psychotic disorder?

From Europe, "stunting" news:

Quote:
"Cannabis is the most widely available illicit drug in Europe, and it's estimated that it's been used by 80.5 million Europeans at least once in their life.
Dr Rivzi said the research may have a wider impact than just health, adding: "Early puberty is associated with younger age of onset of drinking and smoking, and early matures have higher levels of substance abuse because they enter the risk period at an early level of emotional maturity."

The researchers say their findings, presented at the European Congress of Endocrinology in Dublin, will lead to a better understanding of the dangers of drug abuse on growth and development in children."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/scie...s-shorter.html
Or, consider this comment:

Quote:
"...It’s just one of my many experiences from my 2 yr stint running a company in San Francesspool. after that, I ran a company based in Amsterdam for 2 yrs. I’m quite aware of the stoned out morons and their impact on society.

if you want to be a stoner... do it at home. just don’t try to tell anyone it’s normal."