View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #58
GTO

Default Nashua Recycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
You CAN'T make this up:

In Rhode Island we just got a notice Today from "RecycleTogetherRI.org"

Quote: "It's OK to MIX all your Recyclables Together". ....That means cans, bottles, plastics, aluminum, cardboard, newsprint, magazines, ..."MIX it Up..And don't worry..mixing is a good thing! Our new recycling facility will do the rest. Disregard the numbers and the triangles". ............I am not making this up.

MIX: As an Engineer, I know you can't recycle cardboard combined with plastic...OR glass...OR aluminum....Yada Yada....NO MIX...

Maybe there is a Green Person with some Engineering background that can explain this to me...........How do you MIX aluminum with Cardboard..?? . NAH: There is No Such Thing. Ticked OFF at this BS...?? YES ...TOTALLY. NB

We used to have to seperate everything in Nashua for roadside pickup, now we combine everything. It makes it alot easier for us as we no longer have a seperate bin for paper, a bin for bottles, a bin for cans, etcs. I bet more people recycle more now because of this. I watched a show on tv about some recycle plant. everything goes on a large conveyor and gets seperated. Quite an impressive operation