View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 06:01 PM   #74
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I’ve resolved the issue with starting and stopping the PW.
Long story short, the gas tank was full of CRUD, and lots of it !

Originally, I thought it was bad gas, but drained all of it and added fresh gas, but made no difference, it was definitely the tank.

I removed the tank completely, rinsed with apple cider vinegar, just to eliminate any gas, then drained. I then took about 2 handfuls of gravel into the tank, and shook the hell out of the tank for a couple minutes. Then emptied the gravel, rinsed out with apple vinegar again, and drained. WOW, you wouldn’t have believed the crud, rust and crap that came out of the bottom and sides of tank.

I then added fresh vinegar and left in tank for a few hours, then drained one last time. The inside of the tank is 100% better now, and actually see shiny metal, but not entirely. Flushed out all gas lines with carb cleaner.

Reconnected gas tank, and PW started right away, and stayed running. OMG has this been a learning experience !

This ethanol gas is really bad stuff, think of all the engine issues, this type gas has caused which can be eliminated by using Non-E gas. Seriously, it should be outlawed.

Hope this Thread has helped other folks…….
You don't get gravel from ethanol gas. You have a hater, or a little kid who thought it was a good idea to put gravel in the gas tank.

Glad you got it fixed. Just note for future reference, start with the gas tank, it usually results in a much quicker resolution. And finally, drain that gas out and toss it in your car before it goes bad. Do this at the end of the season, saves a lot of aggravation.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote