Thread: Rodent update
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 08:32 AM   #13
Hillcountry

I have one mouse that seems to know it’s way around my mousetrap as he has tripped the trap and escaped a few times. He lives (or spends time) in the bottom of my Weber gas grill. He initially ruined my “hot mitts” by pulling strings of them for nesting material. The hilarious thing is that if I open the doors of the grill and look around I can see him hiding, usually between the propane tank and the side wall of the grill. Sometimes he’s facing me and sometimes I see his butt and tail. Last evening, after grilling chicken breasts, I checked after dinner and there he was. I decided to see if I could pinch him with my long tongs and flick him into the woods. Well, the tongs would not fit in the space so he would run to the other side of the grill then back and forth as I poked and rattled the tongs. At one point I poked his butt with my finger and he just stayed there...seems a friendly little bugger. I gave up that scheme and refreshed the peanut butter on the trap...I will win the battle but it’s funny to see how he loves his “home in the grill”
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote