Thread: What An Idiot!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #82
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
I get your argument. Please try to understand mine.

There are a lot of assumptions being made here, so I'll throw in a few of my own. The Formula was behind laserp the whole time, but since it was dark and there was a lot of light pollution on shore behind the Formula, laserp missed him on several occasions. Then he looked and made his turn simultaneously, and that's when he finally saw the Formula.

So here's my argument. We don't know all of the facts, so let's stop assuming we do. And let's stop assuming we know the intent of people when they make a post. If I do that, then I'll assume you and hazelnut are stirring the pot because you both keep implying that other posters don't get it, when in reality, you both are not comprehending what people like chaselady and myself are saying.
I am not making any assumptions.... I am taking Laser's story as told as fact. In what was his second or third post he called somebody an ***hole and insulted their manhood while telling a story that by his own words put him at fault for bad seamanship. Its not personal. It bothers me that people are quick to blame the Formula when in fact Laser is the guilty party.

We don't have the story from the Formula. I am not harping on the 5 minutes part of Laser's story.. quite frankly I don't think it matters. What matters is that Laser did not see the Formula prior to making a course change (both speed and direction) that put him and the Formula both in danger. That is the definition of FAILURE TO KEEP A PROPER LOOKOUT! If your assumption is correct, and Laser looked quickly AS he was slowing and turning he is STILL guilty of FAILURE TO KEEP A PROPER LOOKOUT.

Woodsy