View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 09:45 PM   #30
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Coming out from the end of Stonedam Island with Stonedam on the right headed towards Governors Island in the afternoon, this past weekend, 2 jet skis, a 25' bowrider and a pontoon boat all approaching from my port, so I have the ROW, not one would give way to me, I slowed but still on plane to allow the jetskis to pass, the bowrider was also not giving way so altered course and speed just enough so bowrider could also pass. To hell with the pontoon boat, continued on my course and forced them to slow and go behind me, they appeared to give me the sarcastic wave like I was the A-hole. It was never unsafe or imminent that there would be a collision, I would never do that, but this was so ridiculous. 4 vessels not giving way. Nice to see the boater education cert is working.
Draw a triangle starting on the south side of Stonedam, to Eagle Island, to the south side of Pitchwood and you've found one turbulent area of the lake. I've experienced some wild water action there as boats large and small converge from all angles into a very narrow channel. Good place to avoid if you can on weekends except it's the only fast route to/from Meredith or Paugus Bay unless you want to deal with the no wake zones north and west of Governors.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote