View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 06:01 PM   #12
marinewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I googled Bedford NH to Logan and got: 58 min (55.6 mi) via I-93 S

Generally, you get more house/land for the money west of the Merrimack River.
Drive to Boston is just over an hour depending on time of day and exact departure point. I used to go from Merrimack to Boston for routine early meetings. If I left at 5:00 am it took 1.25 hours. If I left at 5:15 am, it took 1.75 hours. Boston Express (bus) is excellent from Nashua Tyngsboro, Salem and Manchester to Logan and South Station.

There are more direct/non-stop flights out of Logan than MHT, but I think more hassles and more weather delays. I'd check your most common destinations and see what the connections are from MHT

Not sure what the OP wants for "town center". Lots of towns with clustered churches, Town Hall, Fire, PD, USPS. Not many with clustered retail. Milford has nice town center, but you're stretching that hour to Logan. Derry has some retail. You can park in downtown Nashua or Manchester and walk to 1/2 dozen good restaurants.

I've lived in Merrimack for decades and think it is great. I'm prejudiced for NH. Otherwise, I'd say look at Westford, MA. My daughter's family (kids 13 and 11) have been there for many years and absolutely everything is top notch. Except it's in MA so it takes too long to get to the lake.
Town center for him would be more like Wolfeboro than a cluster of town hall,PD, etc- I appreciate the Westford comment, and I'l pass it on- he was raised in a great suburb of NYC, Westfield, NJ- Main St USA designated, could ride his bike everywhere as a kid, walk to all of the schools, over 50 restaurants then, more now with condo builds. I raised my kids to never live in a river town because of flooding issues, and so I'm hopeful he can find a happy town and visit me up here as well.
marinewife is offline   Reply With Quote