View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 03:28 PM   #55
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
We will see who is wrong and who is right on a laundry list of alleged "truths"

One only needs look back over time and see all the truths we were told, for example; DDT is safe to be fogged in massive quantities on young children, Agent Orange is non-toxic and safe for our troops, Thalidomide that was given out like aspirin to pregnant woman for nausea and caused countless thousands of children to be born with horrible birth defects, Tylenol that is still pushed by the entire medical industry over aspirin but that destroys your liver if taken too long or in too great a quantity, morphine which is still given to children with modest injuries as the first pain killer, OxyContin and Fentanyl which caused record breaking drug addictions in average Americans, Vaping which was billed as safer than smoking! Do I really need to continue. Probably not, because if you are closed minded on the matter, and not open to any other positions than "look at the data" and the "experts say", then there is little point,,,

I simply hope you are as comfortable with your positions and selections as I am with mine.

ATB
Some of these are very good reminders that the experts are not perfect (though FDA saved us from Thalidomide). But that does not mean that the experts and data have no value, or that various quacks and governors have a better plan than our public health experts and infectious disease scientists/physicians.

I'm sure you understand this. But it is dangerous when examples like this are used in a way that causes some people to believe that something like ivermectin is a better bet than a covid shot.