View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 06:00 PM   #30
rick35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
I hadn't thought about this and it's not mentioned in the online info but I am getting a new Ram 1500 and, GUESS WHAT? It has Start/Stop. I am getting the V6 eTorque engine which has a 48V battery backed, on demand, torque boost. The Ram also uses that system to smooth out the "start" portion of the Start/Stop. Soon I will be able to evaluate Start/Stop for myself. I'm sure it will be weird. However, the truck also comes with a bunch of safety features like automatic braking and lane keep which apply brakes and twitch the steering without driver input. I am sure I am going to be doing a lot of "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?" as I get used to it.

My first thought was, "I'm going to be getting used to automatically shutting off the Stop/Start when I get in the truck." but my second thought is that I want to get used to the way the system works so it isn't a surprise when I don't think to deactivate it. If it DOES become an annoyance, I will go back to my first thought to shut it off when I first start up. I suspect it will be fine given a little adjustment time.
With a vehicle with the extra "features" I recommend you get the extended warranty. The cost to fix one of these will pay for it.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote