View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 10:03 AM   #14
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
"If you want to lower your interest rate, press#1"...So, I press #1 and then put my phone down. I assume the rep that gets the call is monitored as to what % of their calls turn into sales. This lowers the success rate. I know it penalizes the innocent rep trying to do their job, but it is an incredible disruption when I get these calls.

As I am writing this, Kim Komando just came on the radio complaining about robo calls.

Now, for junk mail, I take it all and stuff it in the postage-paid return envelope after removing my name and any other identifiers, and I mail it back to them. Cost them postage both ways with nothing in return.

I wonder if there are robo calls in Iran? North Korea?
I understand what you're trying to do but the purpose of not answering these calls and reading junk mail is that it's a waste of time. You just waste more time by doing these things but if it makes you feel better then go for it. You aren't deterring anyone by doing this.
I just don't answer calls that I don't recognize and I just throw junk mail away before I even get in the house with it.
I do have this problem at work though because being in business I need to answer all calls. If it's a sales call I just hang up. I have no time to waste playing games with them. That's just more of a waste of my time and time is money.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote