View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 12:40 PM   #27
Superduty1

Whether or not you are a fan of NASCAR, bike week or any of the other events that draw people to New Hampshire, the loss of any event is a loss of revenue for the state and it's businesses. Just like finding sponsors for a race team, good luck finding some way to replace the lost dollars that supported local business in New Hampshire. I understand the move was done to run and support a business and any smart business would do the same thing to survive, but the impact to the region will be far reaching. Just like down here in Connecticut, our great Governor thinks we don't need business's (big or small) to survive. Who needs GE! Just keep raising taxes, that will do it. Whether it's 100,000 or 50,000 people coming in to see the race, they will spend some form of money in New Hampshire. All things change with time, some for the better, some for the worst. Some people support change and some don't. Look at the Weirs? I love New Hampshire and hope it can survive this or any other loss of business, and still provide the get place it is known to be. On a positive note I hope Laconia supports the new business moving into the Weirs (sounds like a major investment for this company) so it will become beneficial to all whether they patronize it or not.
Superduty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superduty1 For This Useful Post: