View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default Here I am!

I'm still following along with you guys.
Uppie is right, I had to give up boating due to a degenerative nerve problem in my hip. I had actually fallen off my boat a couple of times because I couldn't compensate with the pitching and rolling of the deck. So, I've moved on (as they say) to a land yacht and traveling a lot (seeing this wonderful country of ours).

Do I miss the lake? No, not really... (at least, that's the lie I'm telling myself). After cruising the lake for 35 years, what do you think? I only check in on this site every once in a while, like every day.

Diving has taken a big turn down as well, what with no boating access and the problem with the hip. Also I'm afraid I won't be able support the weight of the dive equipment as well. However, my dive buddies keep inviting me to join them. But with the new (retired) life style there's very little time to devote to the sport.

I was up to the lake staying at the new Turtle Kraal RV Park in Alton a couple of weeks ago. What a great place to stay at. While there, I took my new boat down to the bay and did some Yaking up the river and out into the bay. It's not like the good ole days, but at least I didn't have far to fall.
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winnipesaukee Divers For This Useful Post: