View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #45
sa meredith

Default really?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Spider...

Talk to the customer.... ask the bikers (customers) who attend bike week what thier biggest gripes are. I did and in order of popularity....

1. TOO MANY COPS! One couple I asked about gripes actually asked me why so many cops? Were we (Laconia) expecting some massive brawl to break out? They had been to both Sturgis and Daytona and had never seen the level of Police presence they saw in Laconia!

2. WEATHER... but you cant do anything about it!

3. PRICE GOUGING! Every hotel and condo near the strip jacks the prices and requires multi-day stays...

4. LIQUOR ENFORCEMENT... several people I talked to had been asked to leave a bar not because they were drunk but because they had been there too long. Apparently (and I confirmed this) the Liquor Commisioners kept track of how long people were in a bar... drinking or not!

IMHO there needs to be a comphrehensive plan for Bike Week... especially in a crappy economy such as this!

Make the Weirs like Key West or Bourbon street and allow people to walk around with a beer or drink in a plastic cup! Be welcoming to Bikers... instead of busting everyones butt on stupid crap (loud pipes, flashing, etc) let it slide, let them have fun! Lessen the police visibility! I was told by a VERY reliable source the NHSP were given orders to crack down on EVERYTHING! Sure, have some cops staged nearby for a fast response time, just in case but dont blow the budget on them! 7 NHSP cruisers withn 1/4 mile of each other with no crowds and no traffic is beyond excessive!

Woodsy
Allow people to walk the strip openly drinking??!!
Simply look the other way as women expose themselves?!
Yeah, that'll bring the crowds back. Problem solved, I say.
Wow...are you all right???!!!!
Also, someone had a stopwatch on how long people stay inside a bar? Sorry...not buying that one.
But I'll ask at Gringos this weekend...they would know if that is true, as well as anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post: