View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #262
MarkinNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattle Isle Windy Side View Post
Seems pretty clear the guy broke the law, and is paying the price for it. Where it sounds like this really went wrong is possibly what he admitted to and how poorly his attorney handled it. I think the law was pretty clear.

As a longtime gun owner I dont think he should be given a pass for anything. You dont wave pistols at people in anger. This is the type of thing that results in a few shootings that result in absurd gun laws like NJ/NY impose. It affects all of us law abiding people who want to enjoy their rights. Should you sit in jail for years? NO!!...but you shouldn't own any guns. I suspect any others he owned have been taken. Losing that right and some anger management/community service seems safe and fair and punishment enough.

People make mistakes, it could have been far worse. The sad part is how quickly you can railroad yourself by not abiding to the golden rule - Dont say a word to anyone. Nobody is out to protect the gun owner. Nobody is on your side.

The right to remain silent is as important as the right to bear arms! With a closed mouth and representation with a brain this would not have happened.
Have you even bothered to read ANY of the court transcripts ??
There is NO PROOF or WITNESS'S that back up or support the claim that he EVER WAVED A GUN at Anybody !! Only the "say so" of the woman !
I to have been an owner of firearms since I was a boy and have actively carried concealed for the last 30+ years. Now I am no Einstein, but there is a huge difference in taking a handgun out of it's holster to check it's safety and waving it in somebody's face

Last edited by MarkinNH; 12-18-2010 at 01:01 PM.