View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 07:19 AM   #246
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Ok....who here has been held up by a robber at gunpoint? Anyone? I have.....on April 19, 1979....Boston Marathon Day....6-pm.....in a small Boston retail store.....by a screaming Italian-looking guy wearing a paisley shirt with a dark purple V.F.W. windbreaker.....heavy beard....not shaved for maybe 3 days.....darkish complexion.....probably an experienced hold-up guy.

He got about $850 cash money and tossed me back 50 as he left, just to be a nice guy or something, plus I got marched down into the basement wondering if I'd ever be walking back up the stairs. He had a small .38 revolver, something like a Smith & Wesson chief's special, 5-shot revolver w/ a 2" blue barrel which is the same as what Sergeant Joe Friday used on Dragnet, so I know from experience, how convincing it can be. .....He was extremely nervous and seemed to be very panicky about getting caught or something by someone unknown to him as he kept looking around and around while it all happened over about two to three minutes........ ....That was no picnic.

FLL what were you doing with $850 of cash in 1979? Were you a drug dealer? That could explain some things!