View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 04:23 PM   #6
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
So, a question:

I draw water from the lake and have a similar system with a sediment filter and a carbon filter. However, the third chamber is a UV light to kill bacteria.

That is not an issue for you or you don't need a UV light?

It looks like it would be a chore to change out your hot water heater. It appears to be blocked in but I am sure you thought of that.
It's a chore to change that water heater regardless and the filter in front is the least of my problems . That area is accessed through an access hole in the kitchen floor. But I put quick connects on the filter system and it's hanging on "Key Holes". So you remove the filters (because even without water in them, they weigh quite a bit), remove quick connects and lift it off. The setup weighs nothing with the filters removed (20lbs?)

Typically a deep well doesn't have bacteria issues especially with a 40ft casing into bedrock (which is the minimum this Well Company uses to reduce risk of contamination). They "shock it" any time they do work on it. Bacteria has been tested professionally, I tested it as well and so far so good. I might have it professionally tested one more time during the peak of hot summer to be sure. But at 430 feet down I doubt the temp varies that much. But Bacteria might not show a week after they shocked it and it might show months from now.

The Waterdrop filter claims to remove some bacteria as well.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post: