View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 06:41 AM   #69
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts

The comparison to larger boats also misses the point.

When any boat passes by and it's wake hits your shore, it is over pretty quickly.

When the operator of the "make a big wake" boats decides that the water in the area of your house is the place his family wants to wake board then your shoreline may be subjected to hours of big waves as everyone in the family has their turn, falls, and has their turn again.

I have not noticed, as claimed by some, that the wakes dissipate quickly. Last week I had to make substantial repairs to my granite seawall that had been damaged by the repeated wakes hitting it.

And that doesn't address the hours of loud music that accompany these boats. At times, on otherwise nice days, when one of these boats is playing in my area, I have had to shut the windows in my house just so we can converse or watch TV. The speakers on the towers are placed to broadcast the music across the lake thus annoying a substantial number of people from the mainland to the islands.

If the music is that important to the enjoyment of the person in the water how about a waterproof headset so they get their choice of music and the rest of the people attempting to enjoy the lake are not disturbed?