View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #67
kawishiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarsandbeach View Post
I own one these wakeboard boats, a neighbor of mine a few houses down has one too and we primarily use them in the bay that I/we own lakefront property on. I also see lots of boats pulling tubes and skiers. Our boats do generate large wakes behind the boat but by the time it makes it to shore, it pretty much dissipates and is no more than any other boat of the same size and is minimal. How about a day like today that there's 11 mph winds and whitecaps on the lake for the next 12 hours.. constant white caps... let's complain about Mother Nature.. Maybe the complainers are also the people that complain about global warming... You can't compare the small ripples that our boats make at the shore if you look at the constant crashing from other nature. Please let's find something else to be miserable about. BTW, we recently bought our property, brought our wakeboat along with us and made friends with more than half the people in our bay after we are "destroying" everyone's shoreline... Apparently it's not as big of a problem as everyone thinks it is.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks