View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #34
paintitredinHC

Pete - Can I call you Pete?

I understood you perfectly. However, perhaps you misunderstood me. Damaging wakes produced by wakeboard boats can be mitigated through proper technique and contentious operators. Given those factors, I do believe that is the definition of nuanced.

I absolutely agree with what I think you were getting at in your original reply. Regardless of education and information, there will always be inconsiderate people. But do you suggest we write laws to address a select few inconsiderate people at the expense of the majority?

But then you contradict your 'So please don't request' by stating, "This forum is full of threads on boat owners who remain grossly and dangerously uninformed of even the most basic safety issues"... If that is the case, then why shouldn't we try to pass along information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
I think you misunderstand me, or at least misunderstand my definition of nuanced.

There are plenty of nuanced issues discussed thoroughly on this board, such as boat operator licensing requirements, horsepower on the lake, Marine Patrol's role, etc.

I don't find any nuance in the wakeboard discussion--they are a specialty craft designed for the expressed purpose of producing an effect which we all understand is hard on other boaters, docks, and the lake shore.