View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 03:47 PM   #105
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
You can keep finding ways to twist the matter all you want, the bottom line there was a crash and an injury!

Fact, many boaters on Winnipesaukee will never meet your standards for an operator.

Fact, we sell 50 MPH power boats to anyone who can pay cash or who has credit but may never have ever set foot in a boat.

Fact, boat registration does not require you to provide a license showing you know anything about boat safety.

Fact, a boat license does not require you to demonstrate you can actually operate a boat safely.

Fact, we rent boats to people who may never have set foot onto a boat, AND worse yet, they no longer even offer them insurance,,,

Fact, we rent paddle boards to people who have no experience with them or around boats/docks.

Fact, when a boat collides with a paddle board, there is likely to be an injury!

If that all is not enough to convince you that asking paddle boards to keep 20' from public boat docks is reasonable, then its ok by me that you disagree, but I remain convinced it would be safer if they were separated by some modest distance.

You can point to all the responsibilities you want and all the capabilities you think boaters should have, but the reality is thats not our world and accidents are a risk when you allow boats and paddle boards in and around public boat docks at the same time.

Is there really anything more to say about this? I'll bet on it.
You keep swinging and missing.

You want a rule to separate non powered lake users from powered lake users, but you yourself admit that you are afraid of your boat and have been for 50 years. How about one law that addresses the main issue, boaters who can't be bothered to learn how to control their boat, instead of forcing others out of the way of these boaters who probably shouldn't be there in the first place?
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links