View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 08:56 PM   #46
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
They are comparing speeds.
When the motorized speed is limited, less accidents between all users occur.
Everyone sometimes get distracted, but the slower speed allows for adjustment in our reaction times.

If I am moving slowly around a parking lot, in theory, I should be less likely to strike someone walking around... even though there, in theory, could be a lot more walkers in the area.
Again, that makes no sense at all, that entire area is a no wake zone and no one normally operates a power boat at speed around a dock, you are always at idle speed.

Accidents happen at the docks for a wide variety of reason and will continue to happen, but any accident involving 2 boats is very different than one involving a boat and a paddle boarder. The thought of this happening is frightening.

A person on a paddle board is incredibly vulnerable when paddling around the size boats we now see at Winnipesaukee town docks. I would not even consider it myself, but I do sympathize that there is a lack of better options for where to launch paddle boards on Winnipesaukee, its not much better for boaters and always a challenge.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote