View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 05:26 PM   #70
The Real BigGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Think, I look forward to the results of your experiment. Remember, saving energy isn't just about saving money, it's about the environment too.

Update: I meditated on the whole question of the water heater while taking a cold shower the other night. Brrrrr.

Why are we so far behind the Europeans? 45 years ago I visited friends in Germany. They had a small box on the wall over the kitchen sink that provided hot water in a minute or two with the flip of a switch. They were amazed that I had never seen this before. I had to say, "Oh, in the U.S. we prefer to heat 50 gallons of water to wash the dishes and keep the water hot all day just in case."
In the late 70’s, when I was playing basketball in Europe, we had a propane tankless in the locker room to heat shower water. We used to draw straws to see who would be the lucky one to have to stick a match up inside to light it. As the season went on more and more of the guys stayed longer and longer on the court after practice so that someone else would have a chance to burn their hand. It’s kind of funny now, not so much then.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote