View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Doing a little more investigation I was quoted the "100 series" and I hear the "200 series" is the absolute Mercedes of Boilers. Not sure if that matters but the 100 series was kicked off for the "average home owner." Guess the 200 series units can run 15K or better.
Not sure on the quote but be careful as some HVAC guys will want to push you with their "house" brand since they get deals and sales incentives.

Give these guys a call as they helped me when deciding and are straight-up no BS kind of guys: http://coastalwinair.com/ Most you lose is the time on the phone..... I have absolutely no affiliation with them, but they answered all my questions and working with my builder we were able to get a really good deal on my Buderus. They offered a deal in the Viessman as well but it was more money so I balked. It's a BMW vs Merecedes kind of comparison IMO.

If you ask those in the residential HVAC industry, Viessman and Buderus are the industry benchmarks in many ways. What sets them apart is the quality of construction and materials used and very efficient designs.

I am most familiar with the oil furnaces as opposed to gas. I researched this at great lengths and chose the Buderus based on price point. My next door neighbor has full-tilt Viessman system including stainless steel oil tank plus he has central A/C. Absolutely top of the line.

My previous house in New England which was smaller and had a "contractor" boiler (read: Burnham) we used between 900-1000 gallons every year. My new house which is 350 sq ft bigger plus full basement we used 580 gallons of oil this year. Both houses are same build quality and we built from new. Again, this is oil furnances but Viessmann also gets outstanding reviews on gas boilers.

It may not matter but there is also a legitimate resale point for these units as well. Even the look and finish of them is high-end.

I don't know why anyone would say a Viessmann is overly-complicated? In fact is makes no sense since all boilers have controllers.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote