View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #191
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
You are mistaken on several issues...

The City of Laconia suffers from a lack of affordable housing and this stifles the economic growth of the city. If investors continue to buy up the existing affordable housing stock with airbnb/vrbo business plans, this problem will never be resolved.

There are airbnb/vrbo rentals all over the city. They are the reason for these strict rules. A lot of these rentals are in family neighborhoods. I would argue that an airbnb/vrbo next door would lower my property value. Nobody wants to live next to an unregulated no tell motel party house in a residential neighborhood.

You most certainly can exempt waterfront property from the airbnb ordinance. You can make exceptions for DEEDED water access as well. No exemption for water views should be allowed.

Woodsy
Sorry as an investor in the area and some to be full time resident in July we will have to agree to disagree.

Short term vacationers do not want to rent downtown or anywhere that is not a decent neighborhood and too far from the lake.

In most vacation areas such as Florida, Vermont ect where short term rentals are more prevalent it actually helps the property value not reduce it as as stated brings in investors and helps the economy.

I do not think it would be far to limit to certain areas people should be allowed to maximize their investment if they so choose.

Again this is an overextension of government regulations that were an overreaction to a very few isolated incident.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post: