View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 06:55 AM   #18
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Thanks one again for seeing this thru!
The picture is upside down but the fuel is coming out of the hole in the center of the top carburator. I believe this hole is from the top where the prime tube is attached
Everything was stripped, dipped and soaked in cleaner, new gaskets, floats, needle, gas lines.
Could the primer solonoid keep priming?
I doubt it's the primer solenoid, that would affect all three carburetors and it cannot force fuel into a carburetor (it's just a valve that lets extra fuel in when the engine is so cold that the fuel comes out of suspension which makes it hard to start).

The fact that the floats and needles were changed means it's even more likely something went wrong with the float and needle. They are quite fiddly and easy to screw up, and if you know anything about part failures and "bathtub" curves", a brand new part has a higher likelihood of failure (infant mortality) than one that's been proven to work over time...

Pull off the carb that's leaking, take the bowl off and see what's up. My guess is that the float has fuel in it, the needle valve has a defect in the rubber tip, the clip on the needle fell off, the pivot shaft is displaced or the stamped metal hinge lever is bent (which typically results in incorrect float height).
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post: