View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 02:38 PM   #50
Descant

Thanked 1,511 Times in 983 Posts
Default What am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Honestly I cant blame them, they are in business to make a profit in an industry where you work hard.

Its the towns and state that I am not happy with.
What am I missing here? You said the marinas should be OK to make a living, but in an earlier post you thought launching at WAM should be free. You apparently don't pay taxes here (Andover, MA?) but you seem to trailer here and then you're upset with the state and the towns?

There's not much open land available suitable for building a launch ramp and parking lot. Let's say $2,000,000 for a small town like Alton to acquire land and build a ramp, parking area, public bathrooms etc. so you an drive up here and use it for free? And you're surprised the local voters won't support your wishes? They don't have that kind of money.
The state does do some development e.g. Downings. There is a Public Water Access Advisory Board (volunteers, mostly) who work with Fish and Game to locate, develop and maintain water access points all over the state. You're welcome to use them. Here's the map: https://wildlife.state.nh.us/maps/boatfish/index.html

It appears there is water access in Harold Parker State Forest, in Andover Massachusetts, and I think it is free. "Free" in this case means the government pays for it. LOL.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote