View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #17
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Just because this is the code violation in the news does not mean it is the ONLY code violation going on in town. Just happens to be the one that caught a reporters eye. Again. And keep in mind that this has been going on for a long time. I am simply stating Audrey is doing her job. (She is also the building inspector) If businesses don't like what is going on, as in Moultonborough, do something about it. This code has been on the books since 1997. Why have businesses allowed it to stand for so long? Heck, I didn't like a certain stop sign in Nashua. I went in front of the town meeting and voiced my dismay at why this stop sign was there. No reason for it at all and around 3,000 cars a day stop there. Not one car came to the intersection from the other street. Why was it there? Because a selectman lives on the intersecting street. So it is still there, but I tried....
This is the problem with America. So easy to blame something (or someone), is broken, and not enough people care to fix it. And if this sign has been in the window for so long maybe the owner should have checked to see what the status of his sign was back in 1997 and got something in writing from the town, such a variance? Then this would all be a non-issue. You can never assume you are free and clear of anything now days.