Thread: Forum Fest-2011
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #65
Lucky1

Default How about this................

I am new to the FF, but loved the one last year that I attended. And we really do need Don. Not only because he is the founder and the one who does so much for all of us here by being the Webmaster, but also because he took about the only good, no great, picture of me that I ever had taken in my life! LOL

However, on the more serious side and after a great deal of thinking, this might work. We start the weekend after July 4th the first year; then the next year it is the second weekend after July 4th; the year after that it is the third weekend after July 4th; the year after that it is the last weekend in July or the first weekend in August. Then after the first weekend in August, we have it the second weekend in August, and then the next year we have it the third weekend in August. This way it will be a set formula that will allow all to know the weekend and make plans accordingly if they are able, AND it will not be on the same weekend every year that some can never attend. It does not matter when it is started, but you get the idea. The FF is set but moving each year so all can have a chance.

I own a cottage and am retired and free as a bird. (Well I have kids in CA and a 94 year old mother in VA and a condo renovation etc etc and things happen, BUT many summers I can make it any weekend that I want to though may not be able to do it this year if I cannot be in NH.) I hope I can but I am not going to suggest any date.

I can see why we need to have people know when the FF is in advance for making plans; and I can see why we need to have it on different weekends for people who are there only certain weeks of the summer, or have some yearly obligation on a certain summer date. What say you all?
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote