View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #41
LakeSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
What I find noteworthy here is that he references "liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others" which is a very important distinction to point out and something that has been lost in today's society. For lack of respect and consideration for our fellow citizens is at face value a violation of the rights of others no matter which side of any argument or action you may fall on. So as a result laws are created to maintain a civilized society and to curb certain behaviors as to preserve the ideal of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all.
I think Maxum, along with a little help from Mr. Jefferson, has put forth the basis of the "problem" with these bonehead people today. "lack of respect and consideration for our fellow citizens" I would say is 50% of the problem. Values like that were taught to me by my partents as part of my upbrining. Where were these peoples parents when it was time to instill those values into thier children? Or did they think it was someone elses resposibility - like the schools? That is the other 50% of the problem.

Some people needed a good dop slap upside the head a long time ago - but never got one.