View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 08:30 PM   #51
Riviera

First, in response to Malibu's concern, I am not in the boating industry, and I do not know the OP. My comments are only from a long time boat owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake dn60 View Post
the dealer suggested a few options
If the dealer (or Cobalt) offered to solve the bimini conflict via retrofit, the dealer (or Cobalt) has offered a reasonable solution, assuming everything works/looks as it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake dn60 View Post
When Malibu says he met all my demands he didn’t tell you it was going to cost me $20,000, that’s right, a $10,000 hit on the trade with 100hrs on it and $10,000 out of pocket extra for the replacement boat, same options same color.
You can't reasonably ask for a new boat, or a purchase price refund. IMO, if the dealer offered you a new boat for only $20K, they made a reasonable offer. Heck, that boat depreciated by at least $20K the second you signed the closing docs.

You and the dealer should get on the same page. The dealer and/or Cobalt should FIX the problem. That might mean a bit of retrofit on your new boat, but that is a reasonable solution. A new boat for $20K is also a reasonable solution, even if the expense is not palatable to you.

Asking for a new boat (or a refund), at no cost to you, is over the top. You bought a new boat. New boats are not perfect, and they depreciate quickly. Hopefully, the dealer will fix your boat, and you can enjoy it for many years to come.

I hope this gets resolved to everybody's satisfaction.
Riviera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Riviera For This Useful Post: