View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 08:40 PM   #28
Dad207

Location: Summer home at Echo Shores, Minge Cove; home in Baltimore MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADAQ View Post
I’ve eaten here 3 times and each visit there was some sort of issue, mostly terrible service.... 3 strikes you’re out. You think they’d step it up, especially when the locals keep establishments like this afloat in the “off” season.
I’m not sure why this place is always so busy with cars up and down the road. Seriously, the food isn’t that good!
We've always had good service at the bar-- Greg-- often there-- will remember you, offer good advice on drinks and food, and will tell you if the special or soup is good that night.Small plates, nachos, flat breads, very reliable. burgers; very solid for bar dining.

We've had some good entrees: good seafood and pasta, a good steak and a few other things. Service radically unpredictable: have had young, enthusiastic, but inexperienced servers did an OK job, decent experienced service, and then one terrible job in the off-season (April). No water, table unset, no proper greeting, appetizers came out before drinks. This from a server we had had before.

It was a busy night, perhaps unanticipated by our server and management. OK, that happens in the restaurant biz, crowds arrive without warning, and possibly without adequate staff. What troubled me is this: no explanation from the server, no recognition from the floor manager (I had to get silverware from the hostess station for crying out loud!), no offer of an apology, no free drink or free dessert for a service disaster. We were just expected to take it.

I think that Ellacoya is resting on the history that it is the only thing for folks along the rte. 11 corridor. No competition, no need to work hard. The best thing to happen to Ellacoya is the opening of the Lodge. More expensive, yes, but they are working hard
for approval.

;
Dad207 is offline   Reply With Quote