View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #39
CanisLupusArctos

Default Stormy times ahead...

Get out and enjoy the 70+ temps we have today, because the weather pattern is showing signs of "pulling a February" on us after today. By that, I mean one storm after another... not snow as it was in February (this is May, after all) but with the lake still above-full, the last thing we need is heavy rain in the basin.

It is starting to look like we are going to get a chunk of Friday's nor'easter which earlier looked like it was just going to graze us with showers. After a "cloudy & damp" break on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, the next storm moves in from Sunday into Monday and the National Weather Service in Gray is already advertising that one as "potent" in their discussion.

In the same discussion, they are hinting at another storm for later next week. If any of these storms start to look like more of a certainty I'll take my own look at the models to make a Winni forecast... in the meantime I'll just leave you with this sort of "Start watching" alert in case it all starts coming together.

NOAA has us circled for heavy rain both Friday and Monday, on their national map of potential hazards (available on the Winnipesaukee WeatherCenter site under "forecast maps.")

As with all the winter storms, the computer models have been doing a lot of flipflopping on their predictions for these storms, so stay tuned if the possibility of heavy rain is a concern to you.
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote