View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 12:04 PM   #13
ghfromaltonbay

Default It's coming your way!

At 3 am we had about 2 inches of snow here in northern NJ. Around 7 it started to snow at the rate of 2 inches per hour. It's still going strong and with the winds, the snow is coming down sideways. We are supposed to get about 1 foot by mid-afternoon from this Nor'Easter, and as the temps go up it's supposed to change to a few hours of freezing rain. Looks like this storm is making its way up the I-95 corridor toward New England. After midnight we are supposed to get an additional 3 or 4 inches of snow as the temperatures go down again. Terrific! So far we've had a little over 50 inches of snow this winter which is way above the average around here of 17". The TV news just mentioned another "Clipper" coming thru on Saturday afternoon with another 2 or 3 inches of snow. At least they are showing temps of 46 - 50 by Monday & Tuesday. We already had a foot of snow on the ground from last week's storms, so I don't know where I'm going to put this new foot of snow. Thank goodness for the snowblower. Haven't seen a plow yet here in Clifton. Typical!

Last edited by ghfromaltonbay; 02-13-2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: typo
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote