View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #33
Happy Gourmand

Default Scott's 4 step

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Well let me respond to you closing remark. I hate golf and find it equivalent to watching paint dry but yet how big is the industry? Same for lawn care. But don't knock those who want an attractive property or happen to have _______ as a hobby. Some would say sitting in a boat is boring too.

Perhaps you should look at how much money is tied up in the US in lawn and property maintenance each year. I've shared plenty of details about lawns and taking care of them on Winni.com, do some searching.

Your closed mindedness is typical of people who think running a lawn mower is the end-all to lawn care. I've probably forgotten more than you've ever known about grass (and flowers, and shrubs, and trees). But if you stood in front of my own house I can guarantee you'd see what a professional lawn and plantings look like compare to the hack jobs. There is real value to a property having nice landscaping so dismiss it all you want.

Let me give you a hint, the Scott's "4-step" doesn't work. Have you ever heard the famous quote by John Wooden, "never mistake activity for achievement?" But Scott's must know what their doing, right? Yeah, draining your wallet and not improving your lawn.

So you know, I'm a "professional" engineer running a plant overseas who has a stake in a lawn care business. I've also got the education to back it up, not just a clip board and business card. Lawn care and having a nice lawn is a passion of mine. My cousin owns a large outfit in Northern, VA and is a 1%er as a "professional" landscaper (you seemed to have used those quotes in a derogatory manner). Low margin $25 mow and blows aren't part of the business model..... Food for thought and be careful with your assumptions.

I could write down the formula to a great lawn and yet people like you still refuse to follow the advice and end up with the same run of the mill lawn year after year. Same practice = same results. You ingnored my comment about the incremental effort to get the better looking yard. Knowledge is power.

And regarding cutting a lawn, try and compete against a $14000 Walker mower in terms of speed and cut quality. Good luck.

Carry on.
What would you recommend for the homeowner who wishes to maintain his/her own lawn? What products would you recommend be applied by a non professional to have and keep a great looking lawn?
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote