View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #28
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
I’ve had those yellow areas for ever, they green over but they yellow area still appears.
But I’m not out to impress anyone and although it isn’t perfect there are far more important things to worry about, for me anyways, then weather my lawn is as good as it can be. I can’t afford to pay someone so I just cut it and let Mother Nature do the rest.
If it rains it gets watered if it doesn’t rain it don’t get watered.
And that's why some people drive a Dogde and other's drive a Maserati. But don't knock the guy driving the more expensive car.

There are many people who want a nice lawn and do wish to pay for it. And that is what DPG is missing. Sure you can pay the HS kid to cut the lawn.

But truly compare a professionally maintained lawn versus a kid just doing a mow and blow is rather silly.

There is a big difference between the truly educated lawn care professionals compare to the guy with a clip board and mowers who just "cuts grass". That's what sucks about the industry since everyone just lumps people in as grass cutters.

And the difference between a nice lawn (there is NO perfect lawn) is the "Scott's Lawn" is often just the quality of the seed. Realize that the work to get a really, really, nice lawn is not that much incrementally more difficult than what you have for a lawn. 90% of the battle is getting your soil chemistry right. But you can ask the HS kid for what the tests mean and when and what to apply
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote