View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #26
Belmont Resident

Default always wondered what thatwas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
The reason it's a seperate service is to apply fert and herbicies requires licenscing and insurance. Plus, it's difficult for a lawn service to also keep up with the application timings as there are windows of time for it to go down.

And the "it's just cutting a lawn" is why many lawns look like chit versus the ones done professionally. Let me tell you, there's way more to lawn care (when done right) than meets the eye. That high school kid also can identify a single lawn or turf disease.

I can pick apart 99% of lawns out there with weed and disease issues. See all those lawns with light yellow grass patches? That's Poa Annua that most people don't even now what it is let alone how to get rid of it. It's also why so many lawns will never have the sought after uniform appearance. And that's just scratching the surface.....

If it's so easy, go out and do it
I’ve had those yellow areas for ever, they green over but they yellow area still appears.
But I’m not out to impress anyone and although it isn’t perfect there are far more important things to worry about, for me anyways, then weather my lawn is as good as it can be. I can’t afford to pay someone so I just cut it and let Mother Nature do the rest.
If it rains it gets watered if it doesn’t rain it don’t get watered.