View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamatrix View Post
Sometimes, it is foolhardy to post anything on this forum without expecting vitriolic comments to be posted by readers.

Steve Colby is the fellow who did our yard cleanup, and did a fantastic job. He owns a legitimate business (he's not a teenager or an undocumented "alien"). He lives in Moultonboro. Our property is on the newer end of Suissevale, with a large lot (after the town forced Suissevale to amend lot sizes due to overcrowding-years ago). I know that blowers and other tools can suck up and toss debris, and possibly cause damage - who wouldn't know this, if you've ever used a blower yourself.

I was simply trying to let folks in my neighborhood know that we feel we found a fellow providing a good service at a good price.
Passive-aggressive much?

Go look up the current case that went through the courts where an Epping volunteer firefighter is suing a homeowner after he slipped on their driveway during a response to call for a water heater that caught fire. Oh, and it was during a winter storm and guy has been out of work due to a back injury from slipping.

Your first post did not say who was doing the work so people surmised it was a fly by night place doing it for the low price (even for the small lots in there).

The forum is a place for discussion. I think it's important for anyone to understand that liabilities exist when contractors come on to your property and it is important to make sure they are insured. Everyone thinks it's silly until something happens. I mean, it's just a yard clean up, right?

Always ask ANY contractor doing work on your property if they are insured.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote